Dallas Theater Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE). Qualified applicants are considered for employment without regard to age, race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.
MANAGER OF COMMUNITY ENGAGEMENT posted March 15, 2013
Manage Community Engagement Programs:
- Create, Manage, evaluate and grow community engagement programs
- Create and monitor budget and calendar for community engagement initiatives
- Hire and supervise artists for community engagement programs
- Teach classes as appropriate
- Pursue and maintain active relationships with arts and non-arts community partners
- Facilitate community requests for workshops, etc.
- Evaluate and report community participation annually.
- Facilitate and lead SummerStage curriculum planning and evaluation
- Manage SummerStage enrollment and budgetary goals
- Create and monitor SummerStage budget and calendar
- Hire and supervise SummerStage teaching artists
- Teach classes as appropriate
- Facilitate culminating performances
- Collaborate with the Marketing Department to promote/ facilitate programs and sales
- Evaluate and report programs successes and challenges annually.
DIRECTOR OF DEVELOPMENT posted December 21, 2012
- Develop and execute plans for soliciting, collecting, and recording contributions from all possible sources, including individuals, corporations, foundations, organizations, and government agencies.
- Oversee the Development Department Budget to include monthly forecasting and cash flow projections
- With the Managing Director, develop income and expense budgets for future fiscal years
- Plan and supervise yearly fundraising gala
- Create and supervise cultivation, social, and benefit-fulfillment activities that support the development department’s fundraising goals.
- Work with the Board Development Committee and DTC Managing and Artistic Directors to develop and implement strategies for attracting and retaining members of the Board of Trustees
- Work with Advisory Council Chair to create yearly strategies for recruitment of members and annual Council activities
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
- Organizational ability and attention to detail
- Ability to complete a large volume of work with a high degree of accuracy
- Self-motivation with the ability to prioritize and balance multiple tasks simultaneously while understanding immediate needs for accomplishing urgent matters
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Professional, courteous manner, high energy, and an eager, positive attitude
- Ability to be comfortable in social settings
- Broad understanding of the operations of a performing arts organization
- Extensive knowledge of both annual and campaign fundraising techniques
- Extensive experience in development for a major not for profit organization
- Supervisory experience
There are no artistic internship opportunities currently available at DTC. Please check at a later date - new opportunities may become available.
Production Overhire Positions
Dallas Theater Center is always looking for qualified, reliable people to help with load-ins, strikes, run crew, and large builds. If you're interested in being placed on one or more of our overhire lists, please email a brief outline of your qualifications and experience to:
Stage Management Observers
Dallas Theater Center seeks Stage Management Observers for our 2012-2013 season. SM Observers will assist the Stage Management staff and have the opportunity to observe and participate in DTC rehearsals and tech rehearsals. This is a volunteer position and it is best suited, but not limited, to those interested in pursuing Stage Management as a career. Appropriate applicants may seek professional internship credit with his/her current college or university (as appropriate). There are multiple openings for this position. Scheduling is part time, flexible and may be short or long term, but a commitment is required. Dallas/Fort Worth locals are encouraged to apply as housing is not provided. Résumés, references and cover letters may be sent to Eric Tysinger. No phone calls, please.